Thank you for visiting the
Bureau of Code Enforcement!
- The policy of the Code Enforcement Department is to protect and promote the existence of sound buildings and wholesome neighborhoods.
- Code Enforcement responds to concerns from citizens that affect the quality of life within the city such as zoning, overgrown lots or yards, the proper maintenance of structures, illegal signs and public nuisances.
- Inspections are performed throughout the city to ensure that properties are in compliance with city code.
- In November, 2012, the City, School District County taxing bodies adopted ordinances to provide for an investment incentive for new construction within the City of Erie. This is commonly referred to as LERTA.
Click here to view the Lerta Zone Map.
- Click here to view listings of those permits which have been issued by this department.