- An electrical permit application may be filed in the Code Enforcement Office, Room 407 of City Hall.
Permit must be displayed at job site!
- After review of the plans and fee payment, a permit shall be issued.
- An Electrical Real Estate Inspection for existing electric is available for $75. An Erie County Health Department Pool Inspection is available for $325.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact the code official for all required inspections.
A permit is NOT required for the following minor jobs:
- Replacement of lamps or the connection of approved portable electrical equipment to approved permanently installed receptacles
- Replacement of a receptacle, switch or lighting fixture rated at 20 amps or less and operating at less than 150 volts to ground with a like or similar item. This shall not include replacement of receptacles in locations where ground-fault circuit-interrupter protection is required.
- Replacement of installed electrically-operated equipment such as doorbells, communication systems and any motor operated device
- Replacement of dishwashers, kitchen range hoods or battery-powered smoke detectors