posted on January 10, 2019 13:19
Responsible for coordinating proactive business outreach and development efforts in the City.
The duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
1. Conduct both proactive and reactive business outreach to business owners and entrepreneurs in the City of Erie
2. Build rapport and trust with business owners and connect them with various resources across public and private sector.
3. Identify high priority outreach targets; whether by geography, industry or product type.
4. Manage, promote, evaluate applications, and support Flagship Fund Micro-grant program
5. Manage Department of Economic and Community Development LinkedIn page
6. Build relationships with economic development system resource providers
7. Build relationships with private sector service providers including bankers, lawyers, accountants, appraisers, real estate agents, brokers, consultants, etc.
8. Attend business networking events as needed
9. Work collaboratively across city departments including code enforcement, engineering, planning, and the Mayor’s administration
10. Must demonstrate basic ability to analyze and understand financial statements, marketing studies, business plans, and economic forecasts and reports
11. Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
12. Must value punctuality, professional etiquette and response and thorough follow-through.
13. Must demonstrate strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
Experience with assisting private, for profit business in expansion programs or other efforts to increase profitability and productivity.
Experience with local, state and federal financing and technical programs available to the private sector.
Experience in economic development planning and programming.