Starts Sunday, April 2nd through Thursday, April 27th, 2017.
City Residents can place one large item per week curbside on their normal refuse night.
- The program is limited to household trash. Examples are: a couch, a chair, a lamp, a dresser, etc.
- As of Jan 24, 2013, Covered Electronic Devices are no longer allowed to be disposed of with regular household trash according to PA Act 108.
- Covered Electric Devices NOT accepted: Televisions, desktop & laptop computers, computer monitors, computer peripherals (keyboard, mouse, printer & speakers), e-readers. These items must be recycled at Electronics & Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events or at participating retailers (visit eriecountyrecycling.com for more details)
- Other items not accepted: large appliances such as washers, dryers, stoves, refrigerators, hot water tanks, air conditioners, automotive batteries, tires, paint cans, oil cans or any other hazardous fluid containers or construction material of any kind
- All other Refuse & Recycling guidelines remain the same. Normal household refuse, exclusive of the one large item, must be in bags or containers as presently required.
- Call 870-1450 for more information.