posted on November 08, 2018 15:03
In an effort to encourage families to shop small the Saturday after Thanksgiving, The City of Erie has teamed up with the Erie Downtown Partnership and EMTA.
The Small Business Saturday shopping events scheduled for Nov. 24 include:
- Erie Handmade Fair, which is coordinated by Michelle Chylinski
- Made in Erie Marketplace, which is run by BEST
- Artisan Vendors at the Cashier’s House, a partnership between Erie Arts and Culture, which is identifying the vendors and EDDC, which is providing the space
- Warner Winter Wonderland Art & Craft Show
- Shops at the Renaissance Centre - Cake Zen, Nora’s Soap Scents, Monacella Massage, and Isaac Baker
- Attic Rehab Holiday Open House at PACA, 1501 State, 5 to 9 p.m.
We have created a digital map listing participating businesses/events happening downtown for Small Business Saturday.
We have also coordinated with EMTA to provide a free trolley service for shoppers that will begin at 10 a.m. The first loop will begin at 10:00 at the Warner Winter Wonderland and loop to the Church of the Nativity Community Center and back. The second loop will begin at the Renaissance Center at 11 a.m. and loop to the various locations, ending at the Polish Falcons at approximately 5:15 p.m. At 5:15, the trolley will leave the Polish Falcons and do the loop in reverse.
The Erie Downtown Partnership helped to identify additional participating organizations and retail businesses, including:
- Glass Growers Gallery
- Ember + Forge
- Ye Ole Sweet Shoppe
- Erie Art Museum
- ExpERIEnce Children’s Museum
- Attic Rehab
- D’Hopkins Denniston Fine Art Gallery and Boutique